Advertisement:

Everyone enter in lets discuss a serious issue on GL

Discussion in 'Forum Rules/Announcement' started by Babadinho, Nov 10, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

• Administrator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Babadinho Administrator

Message Count:
    Sponsored Links:
    Guruslodge is at a phase now.. I dont think any of you who love this forum would want to see it go down the drain.

we all know Guruslodge started as an fbt forum, from babadinho.muf.mobi. most of the loyal members wre here cos of fbt. FBT is dead. i wouldnt blame anyone including myself for the forum being inactive now.

dont get me wrong.. GL is still getting traffic, atleast not from where it used to. I didnt want to kill off the FBT board entirely and i wont. i created other boards. movies,news, gadgets, games, phones. yet the fbt board was the most active. Who was i to blame? it was the main reason the forum was created and the reason GL is a household name today.

Active users on GL have dropped. most active are now guests.. so what is the way foward?

i have rebranded the mobile phones section. why did i do this. i guess you all know.

Guys. i never created this forum for money.. am just glad this forum has helped and its still helping many. most of us are seeing many topics on MMM, zarfund and co and i cant remove them cos they are the major source of traffic now.

Lets all come together and contribute to this board.. PM me what you need. if you want to be a moderator, ill make you a moderator, afterall some of the mods aren't active anymore.

here is the new mobile phone Board. http://www.guruslodge.com/#phones-discussions-and-solutions.245

all just scroll down the forum list.. lets start contributing today.. Long live GL.

how do you contribute? Simply start making topics on those boards.
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Mortal GL Legend

Message Count:
    Was a member of babadinho.muf.mobi, and registered in October 1st 2010 (old account) when everyone moved to guruslodge.com. During the early phase of guruslodge, it was sweet like sugar as it wasn't just only free browsing tweaks then.

Enjoyed the likes of chrismike, d-medallion, mastercode even the guy that always post about nice symbian themes then, and all of a sudden you dinho stopped being active. People kept on asking were is dinho and boom others followed suite.

All of a sudden guruslodge became very childish, making some matured guys not to be active anymore. Really missed the old guruslodge then, we were like a family then with lots of respect for each other.
    • Administrator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Babadinho Administrator

Message Count:

Thank you for your post. I never stopped being active. I stopped posting fbt which was something I used to. Symbian board was very activebut with the death of Nokia you see the board too died.

Like I Said I never stopped being active. Only stopped posting fbt of which at the time wasn't a problem cos many others were posting.
    • Guru Member

LuCASINHO Guru Member

Message Count:
    Yea I reason with U Mortal....there was a time it was more popular than Nairaland....GL just lost its glory....there r alot of Forums/blogs...now, Lets find a way 2 revival our old GL...
    • Forum Author

paragon40 Forum Author

Message Count:
    Yeah gl wil be great again but u need to do something tchisus not sure of the spelling the master of football betting,spamming/scamming..Its discussion time.
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Dmedal!on Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    Samsung GT-S7562 / PMP-Ultra ROM + Speed Demon
    We appreciate ur response,... we need a start.
    pauljulius likes this.
    • Administrator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Babadinho Administrator

Message Count:
    Yes noted. The first thing to do is for everyone to start contributing. There are many ghost members.
    • Administrator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Babadinho Administrator

Message Count:
    Yes the site won't revive itself. The members will. I know many forums that died due to the death of fbt and many others that dies due to the death of Nokia symbian. GL has stood and always will.
    • Administrator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Babadinho Administrator

Message Count:
    If you are willing and ready to contribute, just indicate. Let's work together.

I have added the phone section. Which I know is what GL needs now. More phones will be added soon.

lindrow Upcoming Guru

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    RobotX
    Please help us create a section for Ethical H@cking/Cyber Security. Plssssss
    • Administrator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Babadinho Administrator

Message Count:
    Thanks. i will. if you need me to make you a moderator in this board send me a pm. will create the board asap.
    • Administrator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Babadinho Administrator

Message Count:

Koan Upcoming Guru

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    Infinix Hot Note Pro
    Yes GL used to be good and very active. Lots of things went wrong. Admins lost focus as lots of scam threads were approved even while people complained of being scammed. Most times I made comments referring to admins why approve such. Since no one was actually listening. I own a blog, Run Two sites. But have never posted it here before.
    We are here to learn n not to be deceived. Like u rightly said, FBT is dead!. And quickly this forum must adjust.

All the best, Collective efforts here would be great again.

Regards,
    KoanStyle.
    • Guru Member

Magnificent5 Guru Member

Message Count:
    one of the problem was that you babadinho was just too PASSIVE to many issues and the only thing we ever heard from you was "stop posting whatsapp group/number to avoid ban" At a time one could wrongly assume CHISUS was the owner of GL and guys like him made GURUSLODGE to become a DEN OF SCAMMERS and where were u to moderate things? NOWHERE! and as things got worse nearly all the GOOD GUYS and MEMBERS started leaving. The way forward is to Create something UNIQUE that will attract the INTEREST of people again, NOT just phone or anything that is already very common in blogs like nairaland. So THINK! THINK! AND THINK UNIQUE before they start saying who GURUSLODGE help.
    • Administrator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Babadinho Administrator

Message Count:
    Thanks for the contribution
    • Administrator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Babadinho Administrator

Message Count:
    Thanks for the contribution.. those are mistakes. I may have been very busy but I don't want to use it as an excuse. I did appoint moderators. Have to admit most of dem let me down. But the forum is still there. It's not the way it is cos of scam of moderators.

Fbt and most of the areas that made the forum active aren't there anymore. And as you can see the members who were here for the fbt aren't here anymore. Even the so called old members from Babadinho.muf.mobi.
    • Guru Member

LEGENDARY_VIP WAEC_VIP

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    samsung galaxy s4
    Guruslodge still has the potentials, I have been in this lodge right from inception and I have always seen guruslodge as a great place for all, I tried my best in the waec,neco and other examination thread (effort was appreciated by some and others did not like my effort) all said and done let's revive this great lodge. Babadihno was my best muf.mobi site then while lemmy28 was my best wapka site. Times have changed so we should change with time, guruslodge is still great.
    Things I have notice bring traffic to guruslodge
    1, examination expo.
    2, MMM and other money making avenue even bets.
    Other boards generates traffic but this are the main traffic generators. Long live guruslodge.
    • Guru Member

raphael45 Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    blackberry
    If you follow my post on guruslodge you will realized I have been hammering the way so many thread are being spam. Infact it got to some point I was thinking maybe the Admin have collected money from dubious members like tchisus and the rest. This site is completely messed-up and for me it as lost his glory. I can recall during the time of open vpn izzy08, master4code and the rest members work together then GL was sweet and fun. But now GL is house of scammers, 419 and criminals. I suggest you start by stop sign up of new members and put the house in order

(W£€@lth )^$ = π√{h€@Lth} Upcoming Guru

Message Count:
    • Guru Member

raphael45 Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    blackberry
    By the way you said you do not create this site because of money but you are talking of traffic. To Me its like you said you don't like food but you can eat pounded yam 3 times in a day

species Upcoming Guru

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    nokia E72
    I tink wat dis site needs first is to clean up

IamDrezzy Upcoming Guru

Message Count:
    Bro,can u make me a mod particularly for

Networking browsing codes
    Education

Am sure u never gonna forget

Together we can make GL a better forum

Competiih with Nairaland

Message Count:
    Guruslodge can be great even greater.

All that's need, is for her to offer something different and also something very appealing to all and sundry.

Example:

she should encourage Forex trading and gambling, howbeit with stringet rules of engagement, this will attract people from nland and curb scamming tendencies. She should go as far as creating topics in sites that discourages such activities, by offering them an escape route and a safe haven here

Also, she should be offering mature news updates on important issues and disregard celebrities gist, bcos many in other popular sites finds the celeb ish disgusting.

my submission
    • Administrator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Babadinho Administrator

Message Count:
    Okay noted. I know what to do about the news section. However about the forex and gambling. What kind of gambling do u mean?
    • Administrator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Babadinho Administrator

Message Count:
    Sende a pm let's talk
    • Administrator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Babadinho Administrator

Message Count:
    From ur suggestions I have added a new section. News. And subsections include two other boards namely; breaking news Nigeria and foreign breaking news.

Whoever is interested in moderating and contributing to the board should pm.

Also get back to me about the forex stuff.

Message Count:
    Forex trading and sports betting
    • Administrator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Babadinho Administrator

Message Count:
    Okay. Am going to make a forex trading board tomorrow. Sports betting already exist but I'll work on it too.
    • Administrator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Babadinho Administrator

Message Count:
    Do you have any interest in the forex trading board? Like contribution wise? Let's talk via pm

Message Count:

Sponsored Links: